Godzilla vs Kong- A little disappointment for me

After 2 long years, Godzilla vs Kong came out. I had many hopes with it. But, I was wrong. It wasn't bad but wasn't good either. In fact, I liked KOTM more. This movie felt very rushed. For a second, you don't get what is going on. I don't know why but the plot was weak too.

I am a Kong fan so I will definitely dislike Kong being nerfed. Godzilla had a role like cameo. This movie entirely focus on Kong. And his transportation. Literally, I didn't find any other word more suitable than transportation. So, let's talk about it.

Story:

Movie starts with Bernie breaking in Apex facility to know something. And suddenly Godzilla arrives there and starts mad chaos. Then it shifts to Kong on Skull Island. He is also in a simulation made on Skull island.

Story is pretty linear. But everything is spoiler so I can't tell you more. Apex needs an energy source to stop Godzilla. And Kong needs to help in.

So, in few words, they are both ancient enemies. So, whenever Godzilla and Kong spot each other, they start fighting. 

My perspective:

It is sci fi movie after all. But don't expect any logic. There is so much out of context things that are not explained due to WB's 2 hour movie rule.. Like you can literally download and upload a physical thing via software. 

Characters:

It is very rushed so there is no room for character development. You are just introduced to an character with a tragic past with barely explanation. You can't connect to any character except Jia( Kaylee Hottle). She is deaf child and has been taken care by Ilene Andrews( Rebecca Hall).

You can call Kong protagonist of movie. Alexander Skarsgard's Nathan Lind is not also interesting. I found Millie Bobby Brown's Madison Russell somewhat interesting. Only due to she was in last movie. Kyle Chandler was barely in the movie. Bryan Henry and Julian Dennison's characters were comedic.

Action Choreography and CGI:

This is the best part of the movie. The fights of monsters are truly eye candy. Every fight is interesting. Although I didn't like the ship fight much, it was still great. The journey of Kong to its axe is great. I found CGI somewhat weak in a scene but it wasn't that bad. The Hong Kong fight was the thing that I liked most. The neon lights and night timing and it wasn't even much dark. 

Kong's fight moves were almost like a human. His agility, speed and strength's showcases were greatly filmed. 

Cinematography:

This movie had a yellowish tone in daytime. The ship fight had a 360 degree angle in a scene. The Hong Kong fight was literally a first person mode with either Godzilla or Kong. Even with humans in a scene where Godzilla stomps Kong from back.

Conclusion: 

Look, movie has its flows but is good overall. It is just a popcorn movie to relax with. Adam Wingard, director of the movie said that they have a 5 hour cut of the movie which explored everything in deep. So, I can't blame director for the rushing. But I didn't like it much as the previous ones. 

There is still a possibility to continue the Monsterverse and I really hope too. The review is late so I assume that you may have watched the movie. Tell me how you liked it. Thanks for reading!

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. 😇😇😇😇😇😇

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome as always ❤️ god Zika vs king Kong then comes chim the dog ... His better than both

    ReplyDelete